Dentistry & Dental Prophy
We take oral healthcare very seriously.
- Each animal is under anesthetic and is monitored carefully for your peace of mind.
- All our patients receive adequate pain control and antibiotic post-operatively.
- Extractions may occur, but are done on the doctors discretion.
- Dental radiographs are also available.
- We chart all dental work performed
- Tooth cleaning and fluoride applications are provided for all our dental patients
- Periodontal disease is the most common disease found in dogs.
- Certain small breed dogs have a greater disposition to having periodontal disease.
- We routinely perform canine and feline dental prophies (cleanings)
- We have geriatric dentals as well which includes IV fluids and pre-operative bloodwork.
- The results from a dental cleaning can be maintained with specific diets, treats, bones, and chews, as well and brushing.