What does an annual exam cover? We check the following systems:
- Eyes, ears (for irritation, infection, discharge and other abnormalities)
- Integument (skin), and haircoat health, including lumps
- Heart and lungs (for heart murmurs or breathing problems)
- Determine body condition score, and talk about diet and exercise
- Assess oral health (teeth and gums)
- Gait & normal movement
- Normal reflexes and nervous system function
- Various glands being functional (anal glands, glands found in the eyes)
- Behavioral (barking, aggression, temperament changes)
- Urogenital (eliminating normally or abnormally)
- Stomach and Intestinal Health (diarrhea, blood in stool, parasites and deworming)
The doctor will also take a history of your pet. This helps to determine if any preventative treatments or services may be of benefit.
We offer a 6 week complimentary Pet Insurance through Pets-Plus-Us®.